avenueNB, in collaboration with The Canadian Association for Supported
Employment (CASE), is looking for a new member of the project team who is
committed to our shared goal of increasing employment equity for Canadians
who experience a disability. The successful candidate must bring their strengths
and skills in service to meaningful work, enjoy working collaboratively, and be
committed to their own learning and development.
MentorAbility Canada is a national initiative built on a supported employment
foundation that promotes the recruitment, employment, and retention of people
experiencing disability. The initiative provides and celebrates in-person and
virtual mentoring experiences, networking and learning events and social media
campaigns. With a specific focus on facilitating unique, short-term (from 1 hour to
1 day) mentoring opportunities between employers and people experiencing
MentorAbility is coordinated nationally by CASE in collaboration with
implementing partners in each province and territory across the country. In New
Brunswick, the MentorAbility Canada initiative is coordinated by avenueNB
Cooperative. avenueNB is seeking one MentorAbility project Coordinator for all
• Build employer awareness related to inclusive employment; build employer
capacity to hire and integrate persons with disabilities; and facilitate
connections between employers and jobseekers with a disability through
MentorAbility activities, events, and mentoring matches in New Brunswick.
• Develop, plan, and implement activities to meet the yearly targets, including
producing financial reports using the systems and processes in place.
• Manage the use of project funds in accordance with budget.
• Coordinate the successful delivery of the MentorAbility project throughout
New Brunswick, including securing the engagement of employment service
providers and employers.
• Develop strategic relationships with key New Brunswick organizations to raise
awareness and increase adoption of the MentorAbility project.
• Work closely with the Project Director, National Hub Coordinator, other
provincial and territorial Coordinators, Facilitators, disability employment
service providers and employers.
• Participate in national MentorAbility meetings and activities.
• Collaborate with the national MentorAbility network by sharing learnings, best
practices, updates, etc.
• Maintain accurate documentation of stakeholder engagement and
participation in MentorAbility activities.
• Participate in professional development activities as required by CASE,
including attending conferences and webinars, on-line courses, and certificate
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• 3+ years’ experience in the supported employment sector and/or with
• 3+ years’ experience coordinating projects and community engagement is an
• Strong digital literacy skills. Project platforms that require detailed knowledge
include Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint, Zoom and other communications
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, public speaking and writing
• Strong online/virtual engagement skills, including social media engagement,
setting up and hosting online meetings/webinars.
• Ability to respectfully work with diverse stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
• Knowledge of employment and labour market trends.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a local team, as part of a national team,
• Fluency in French and English is required.
• Previous experience in a mentoring program and working with persons with a
disability is an asset.
SALARY, AND BENEFITS
$50,000 to $68,000 annually (Based on qualifications and experience)
Health/Dental Benefits and RRSP Pension Plan (available April 2024)
Competitive Salary and Paid Vacation/Personal Days
Professional Development Opportunities
Wellness/Fitness Annual Allowance
Flexible Work Environment: Hybrid home/office possibilities (within New
HOURS OF WORK AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Contract term: Until March 27, 2026, with possibility of renewal
• Full time (37.5 hours per week)
• The MentorAbility Coordinator will work remotely (from home). Work-related
equipment is supplied.
The MentorAbility Coordinator will report to the Project Director at avenueNB.
The MentorAbility Coordinator must possess a valid driver’s license and be
capable of traveling within a specified radius. Out-of-province travel may be
required for annual meetings.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to info@avenueNB.ca before
January 4th, 2024.
APPLICATION STATUS AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being
considered for an interview will be contacted. This opportunity is only available
for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada and residing in New Brunswick.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
avenueNB is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the unique strengths
of every team member. We are passionate, collaborative, innovative and most of
all inclusive. Join us in our pursuit to break down barriers and increase the
employment rate of persons with a disability in New Brunswick. We encourage
applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences and believe
that a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential to achieving success and
excellence in all our endeavors.
If you require any accommodations to participate in the recruitment process or
have questions about our equal opportunity policies, please contact info@avenueNB.ca