Fredericton Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
Created by the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce in 2013 to recognize a deserving student or students who have made significant positive contributions to the betterment of their school and / or community at the same time has demonstrated sound academic achievement. The fund is held and managed by the Fredericton Community Foundation.
Terms and Conditions
To qualify, applicants must have completed a minimum of grade 12 or equivalent. Must be enrolled in or will be undertaking a full time or part time post-secondary degree or full time or part time program at a post-secondary institution such as a university, community college, private institution or school of trade where tuition is payable by the student. The institution must be recognized under the Canada Student Loan program. Applicants must be a full or part time employee of a member in good standing of the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce, OR be the child, spouse or partner of a member or their employee.
This year, up to three – $1,500 scholarships (one time / non-renewable) will be awarded annually and the recipient will be recognized at a Fredericton Chamber of Commerce event.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for application is the last Friday of May annually at 4pm AT and the application must be submitted and received by that time and date by the Fredericton Community Foundation on behalf of the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce. Applications may be emailed to the Fredericton Community Foundation at: email@example.com.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Completed application form
- Brief cover letter
- CV / resume showing education, work experience, community involvement, awards and achievements, sports participation, extra-curricular activities
- Current or most recent transcript
- Two reference letters – from two different areas (educational, work, community, sports or extra curricular related) – please include telephone and email contact information.
- One page typed bio / essay about yourself and why you think you should be chosen for the scholarship – please include your educational and career goals as well as what receipt of the scholarship would mean to you. If desired, the applicant may provide a short video on this topic rather than a typed essay.
- Letter from a member of the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce attesting that the applicant is an employee of the member or, the child, spouse or partner of a member or their employee.
- Failure to provide any of the above stated required information on or before the deadline may void your application.
Confirmation of enrolment must be provided prior to release of funds. Funds will be paid to the post secondary institution on behalf of the recipient. Previous recipients are not eligible.
For any questions or further information please contact;
Fredericton Chamber of Commerce
Tel: 506 458 8006
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org