Membership Approval Vote
Quarterly Meeting – to take place at Business Over Breakfast – Greener Village – 686 Riverside Drive, Fredericton, NB E3A 8C2
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
In accordance with the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce bylaws, approved by a majority vote of the membership in attendance on June 14, 2019 at our AGM, and by Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada on October 4, 2019 pursuant to the Boards of Trade Act, a special resolution of the membership is required to vote in all new members at a quarterly meeting of the members. The first quarterly meeting of 2020 will take place on February 18, 2020 at the monthly Business over Breakfast (“BOB”) event being held at Greener Village. Our previous bylaws required a vote of approval of new members at a monthly board meeting – the last such vote was in September 2019 while our previous bylaws were still in effect.
Notice of this meeting is required to be made 10 – 14 days prior to the event by a minimum of two methods. The means we will use to notify the members are:
- Post a list of the members up for approval at the quarterly meeting by majority vote of members in attendance on our website along with this notice.
- Share a link to the website list along with this notice and an invitation to the quarterly meeting on our social media pages (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- In the weekly event email to our membership, which is sent each Sunday, this notification and the list will be added, indicating the event at which the vote will take place.
- Any members who have notified us in their annual membership update that they do not wish to receive email notifications, will have the list of new members up for approval, along with this notification and an invitation to the quarterly meeting mailed to them.
- All members up for approval at a quarterly meeting will be invited to attend that meeting.
The following are proposed as new members who
have joined the Fredericton Chamber of Commerce between
September 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline
Ivan’s Audio Visual
FedEx Express Canada
By The River B & B
Montana’s BBQ & Bar
Mathers Project Management Consulting Inc.
Ulnooweg Development Group
Xtra Document Solutions Ltd.
Hawkins Equipment Ltd.
Momentum Design & Print Inc.
Access Point Health – Point d’Acess Sante
KDMA Signs & Graphics
Second Spring Digital Inc.
Forget Me Not Ceremonies Inc.
William (Jamie) Young
Atlantic Fusion Law Group
The Details Design
CP Gear (Wheeler Accessories Ltd)
PJ’s Wings an Things
York County Cider
New Brunswick Medical Education Foundation Inc.
Belfor Property Restoration
Project Management Institute – New Brunswick Chapter Inc.
Life Stages Financial Group – Travis Branscombe
StarPack Food-Service Packaging Limited
CallUFly Adventure Inc.
Simon’s Kitchen and Bakery
Shoppers Drug Mart (Quinn Pharmacy Ltd.)
To provide a schedule for going forward please note;
1st Quarterly Meeting – February BOB – voting in September 1st – December 31st, 2019 members
2nd Quarterly Meeting – June AGM – voting in January 1st – April 30th, 2020 members
3rd Quarterly Meeting – September BOB – voting in May 1st – July 31st, 2020 members
4th Quarterly Meeting – January 2021 – BOB – voting in August 1st – November 30th, 2020 members
1st Quarterly Meeting – April BOB – voting in December 1st – February 28th, 2021 members
2nd Quarterly Meeting – June AGM – voting in March 1st – April 30th, 2021 members
3rd Quarterly Meeting – September BOB – voting in May 1st – July 31st, 2021 members
4th Quarterly Meeting – January 2022 BOB – voting in August 1st – November 30th, 2021 members
1st Quarterly Meeting – April BOB – voting in December 1st 2021 – February 28th, 2022 members
2nd Quarterly Meeting – June AGM – voting in March 1st – April 30th, 2022 members
3rd Quarterly Meeting – September BOB – voting in May 1st – July 31st, 2022 members
4th Quarterly Meeting – January 2022 BOB – voting in August 1st – November 30th, 2022 members