DC Electrical is looking to hire a permanent full-time electrician to work out of our Fredericton, NB location. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, and other devices and equipment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications to provide troubleshooting and repair services in both residential and commercial wiring.
The successful candidate will be a high energy individual who supports the company’s safety and quality programs, has excellent communication, organizational skills and can work in a fast-paced environment. They must have a strong work ethic, work well within a team environment as well as be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Read and interpret blueprints, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
• Install, examine, replace, or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures, circuit breaker panels, and other electrical components.
• Install brackets and hangers to support equipment and pull wire through conduits and holes in wall and floors
• Splice, join, and connect wire to fixtures and components from circuits
• Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
• Minimum 1 year experience working as a licensed electrician in Canada
• Valid driver’s license required
• Has clearance, or would be willing to get clearance, to work in Government buildings
• Knowledge of data wiring and alarm/security wiring would be considered an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication skill required for required for communicating with clients
• English required
• French considered an asset
Extended health care and group benefits package including:
• Company pension plan
• Life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Dental care
• Vision care
• Starting compensation is based on experience
Company: DC Electrical Service & Maintenance
Contact Person: Janette Clark – email@example.com