Our client, Harvest Music Festival, is seeking a General Manager to join the team and lead the development and growth of New Brunswick’s largest and most exciting music event. Fredericton comes alive for six days each September as over 400 world-class performers appear on more than two dozen stages, to give 150 performances extending over 6 city blocks in the Historic downtown district.
The General Manager is a senior leadership role with Harvest Music Festival, and it involves planning, directing and coordinating several key elements of the production of the annual event. Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the General Manager directs a large, dynamic team who executes several different functions vital to the operation of the festival. The ideal candidate is a strong collaborative leader, an exceptional communicator and a confident project manager.Share
What you’ll do
- Working in alignment with the Board of Directors & attending committee meetings.
- Collaborating in the development and execution of annual festival initiatives.
- Effectively leading and providing strategic oversight and support to all departments, including communicating with and organizing community partners and volunteers.
- Managing revenues and expenditures.
- Development of festival sites and production.
- Executing effective marketing.
- Kidsfest concept and planning, Blues in the Schools Program and School Music Grant Program.
- Managing direct reports, including hiring, training, HR functions & performance feedback.
- Festival wrap-up – including reporting on and presenting Festival initiates and activities to various stakeholders.
What you’ll need
- Love of live music and community.
- Degree in Arts, business, marketing or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- A strong ability to lead, communicate effectively and work with a large team.
- Ability to develop relationships, partnerships and business opportunities.
- Excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills.
- Effective problem solving.
- Proficient in Google Suite and an aptitude for learning new technology.
We’re looking for
Collaborative Leadership Communication Creative Problem Solver Enthusiast Project Managers Relationship Management
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
We are happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Apply now – https://jobs.careerbeacon.com/apply/1919797