LuminUltra Technologies Ltd. is a 100% Canadian-owned private company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. As an 8-time recipient of the Fastest Growing Companies in Atlantic Canada award, an Atlantic Canada Top 101 company since 2013, and the 2012 New Brunswick Exporter of the Year, we are a global provider of biotechnology and information technology solutions to a wide range of industries, including the municipal, manufacturing, and energy sectors.
Our primary focus at present is sales and support of a patented line of microbiological test kits, as well as laboratory equipment and information management and data analysis software. LuminUltra’s commitment to continuous improvement means that we are constantly developing new technologies and concepts that bring even more value to our partners and customers. Most end users benefiting from our products are Fortune 500 companies located outside of Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and participating as a member of the Executive team, the VP Finance will be responsible for oversight of all financial and accounting affairs of the company including financial planning and analysis (8 people) as well as the IS/IT operations (3 people). The role is responsible for team development, coordinating with peers, all financial reporting, continuous improvement initiatives and various external relations. Specific key responsibilities will include:
Finance and Accounting
• Manage and continuously improve financial reporting for accuracy and timeliness along with a faster month-end closing process.
• Develop, implement, and continuously improve forecasting systems with the ability to generate what-if scenarios.
• Maintain and improve the corporate budgeting tool and systems, supporting the management team in improving their awareness between KPI’s and financial performance.
• Tax tracking, management and reporting for all jurisdictions in which the company operates with the support of external tax advisors.
• Manage all aspects of treasury requirements ranging from facility negotiations covenant reporting.
• Prepare and explain all aspects of financial reports and information relating to how business activities impact these results for team members, management, and the board of directors.
• Identify and support teams in improving expense initiatives as well as controls with the purpose of increasing awareness and improving profitability.
• Interface with sales team to develop revenue reporting and reviews with the intention of finding opportunities to improve revenue insights as well as profitability opportunities.
• Be the sponsor of our insurance portfolio ensuring we have an appropriate balance of risk and coverage.
• Work with peers and our CEO on various projects and initiatives.
• Interface with external stakeholders including shareholders, board members, creditors, government agencies, and auditors (for the annual audit).
• Supervision of key initiatives and daily operations of the helpdesk and infrastructure lead focusing on ticket resolution, asset tracking and continuous improvement on various initiatives.
• Supervision on Oracle Fusion improvement initiatives, break fix items and initiatives to raise the company’s comfort in using this relatively new tool.
• Continually re assess ISIT delivery models to ensure the right balance of cost vs service.
• Bachelor of Business Administration is required. An MBA would be considered a strong asset.
• CA designation is required.
• Minimum of 10 years of senior financial leadership experience required.
• Strong operational background with a focus on results, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to lead financial modelling.
• Strong knowledge of all aspects of financial accounting and consolidations as well as accounting principles and practices.
• M&A experience would be an asset.
• Exceptional organizational skills adhering to timelines and deadlines.
• Proven innovative and strategic thinking with strong problem-solving skills and ability to evaluate effective solutions.
• Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders – colleagues, customers, and external stakeholders.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience using Oracle Fusion.
• Experience using CRM software is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Group benefits, above-industry standard vacation time and performance bonus program upon successful completion of a probationary period.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity apply now! Please submit all applications via the LuminUltra Talent Community.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Company: LuminUltra Technologies
Contact: Nicole Kelly – email@example.com
Active Dates: Jan 30, 2023 until filled