At avenueNB we believe in the unique strengths of every team member. We are passionate, collaborative, innovative and most of all inclusive. Join us in our pursuit to break down barriers and increase the employment rate of persons with a disability in New Brunswick.
Who we are?
avenueNB Cooperative is a new innovative non-profit cooperative organization incorporated in April 2022. Our role is to manage the delivery of employment services for persons with a disability in New Brunswick. Receiving long-term funding from the Government of New Brunswick through the Canada – New Brunswick Workforce Development Agreement, avenueNB oversees the contract management of its 22 member agencies. Our role is to ensure persons with a disability and employers have equitable access to employment services and supports. We coordinate professional development for member agencies, promote communication and outreach, develop intersectional partnerships as well as monitor and evaluate programs and services to ensure quality results and accountability.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program and Services Manager will be a key member of the avenueNB management team. They will be responsible for development and the effort to continuously improve programs and services offered to our avenueNB members. The Manager will work closely with our agencies to foster collaboration, service alignment and equity.
What you will do:
• Foster and develop positive relationships and new partnerships within and beyond the disability community.
• Managing contractors, consultants, and other stakeholders; developing strong client relationships; resolving issues or recommend resolutions;
• Reporting regularly in written and financial reports; establishing, co-ordinating and maintaining documentation;
• Coordinate professional development opportunities and deliver training;
• Develop and maintain program and service guidelines and processes.
Who you are:
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
5+ years of proven experience related experience
Undergraduate degree or college diploma in related discipline
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience (including lived experience) may be considered.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (collaboration, negotiating, conflict resolution) and a team-player with a track record of developing stakeholder relations and excellent customer service.
• Knowledge of current labour market and employment trends and challenges in New Brunswick.
• Flexible and adaptable to change with organizational and effective planning abilities
• Fluency in English with exceptional communication skills, and a particular focus on writing and giving presentations
• Proficiency in French will be considered a strong asset
• Prior experience in developing communication and marketing tools, and managing web and social media content
• Experience in strategic development, project management, process improvement, and/or change management.
• Experience in non-profit or government sector.
• Experience working with vulnerable populations and/or lived experience.
What we offer:
An exciting opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative environment to create a positive impact in the lives of persons with a disability and employers in NB. Come be part of our dynamic team!
• Health/Dental Benefits and RRSP Pension Plan
• Competitive Salary and Paid Vacation/Personal Days
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Wellness/Fitness Annual Allowance
• Flexible Work Environment:
o work from home or hybrid possibilities (within New Brunswick)
(Head Office is in Fredericton)
How to apply:
If you are excited about this role and think you could be a good fit, we want to hear from you. Some studies suggest that certain demographics are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. We at avenueNB are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, therefore we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every qualification listed. Send your cover letter and resume to info@avenueNB.ca by October 21st, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada and residing in New Brunswick.
Contact: AvenueNB – Nathalie D’Armours – info@avenueNB.ca