At avenueNB we believe in the unique strengths of every team member. We are passionate, collaborative, innovative and most of all inclusive. Join us in our pursuit to break down barriers and increase the employment rate of persons with a disability in New Brunswick.
Who we are?
avenueNB Cooperative is a new innovative non-profit organization incorporated in April 2022. Our role is to manage the delivery of employment services for persons with a disability in New Brunswick. Receiving long-term funding from the Government of New Brunswick through the Canada – New Brunswick Workforce Development Agreement, avenueNB oversees the contract management of its 22 member agencies. Our role is to ensure persons with a disability and employers have equitable access to employment services and supports. We coordinate professional development for member agencies, promote communication and outreach, develop intersectional partnerships as well as monitor and evaluate programs and services to ensure quality results and accountability.
What you will do:
• Collaborate with other members of the team on various projects or tasks.
• Prepare, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, publications, reports and related material.
• Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
• Answer telephone and electronic enquiries.
• Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
• Determine and establish office procedures.
• Record and prepare minutes of meetings.
• Arrange travel schedules and make reservations.
• Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences and events.
• Maintain website content and social media up to date.
Who you are:
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Administrative Assistant or Business College Diploma or related post-secondary training.
Experience as an Office Assistant or in a related field.
Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Pleasant personality with strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Positive attitude and initiative
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills to be able to prioritize activities
• Flexibility to be able to move between activities and duties quickly if priorities change
• Fluent in English
• Proficiency in French will be considered a strong asset
What we offer:
An exciting opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative environment to create a positive impact in the lives of persons with a disability and employers in NB. Come be part of our dynamic team!
• Health/Dental Benefits and RRSP Pension Plan
• Competitive Salary and Paid Vacation/Personal Days
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Wellness/Fitness Annual Allowance
• Flexible Work Environment:
o work from home or hybrid possibilities (within New Brunswick)
(Head office is in Fredericton)
How to apply:
If you are excited about this role and think you could be a good fit, we want to hear from you. Some studies suggest that certain demographics are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. We at avenueNB are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, therefore we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every qualification listed. Send your cover letter and resume to info@avenueNB.ca by October 21st, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada and residing in New Brunswick.
Contact: AvenueNB – Nathalie D’Amours – firstname.lastname@example.org