Are you community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and keen to make a positive impact in newcomers’ lives?
MCAF is seeking an Junior Settlement Support Worker and we would like to hear from you!
The MCAF Junior Settlement Support Worker works as part of the Adult Settlement Service team to support the smooth operation of the service delivery to newcomers. The MCAF Food Access Program for Newcomers (FAPN) in partnership with local and national food security programs is part of the settlement services for adults. FAPN provides free food assistance to eligible newcomers in need who are registered with MCAF. In partnership with the MCAF staff and volunteers, using a case management approach, the Junior Settlement Support Worker will work with newcomer clients in their language of choice to facilitate their participation in FAPN.
• Accurately complete the application process for clients conducting needs assessment
• Follow up with clients on case by case basis to support them with additional services and resources depending on their needs
• Promptly receive food donations by donor organizations
• Accurately distribute the food items as per needs assessments of clients
• Maintain records of participation and relevant program statistics, including case files for families accessing services
• Maintain accurate records on completed activities and submit monthly and quarterly reports in accordance with deadlines and program requirements;
• Facilitate short educational information sessions with program participants to increase awareness and expand knowledge of the program
• Assist in the translation of educational materials to various languages
• Preform other duties as needed to support the smooth operation of the Adult Settlement Team.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English language skills
• Strong ability to work in team and independently; maintain a supportive team environment
• Detail oriented, proven ability to maintain accurate records
• Proven ability to work well under pressure; outgoing
• Flexible, patient and interested in helping others
• Proven ability to take initiative, be creative and autonomous
• Expertise in facilitating group sessions & delivering presentations
• Effective multitasking, priority setting and time management skills
• Fluency in other languages (e.g., French, Swahili, Somali, Portuguese) will be an asset
Terms of employment:
This position is funded under Employment and Social Development Canada, Canada Summer Jobs. Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
• Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations
*International students are not eligible
• Contract – 8 weeks contract
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• Proof of received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
• November 22nd, 2021
• November 7th , 2021 at 4pm
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Junior Settlement Support Worker ” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Contact: Nikol Ralcheva – email@example.com