Position: Endowment Officer Term: Part-Time Position Reports to: President, Forever Fund
Looking to make an impact in your community? The Forever Fund is hiring!
The Forever Fund is more than an endowment fund. We represent an entire community of supporters who want to create cascading effects for good through gifts that impact the community well into the future. The Forever Fund partners with the United Way of Central New Brunswick to help ensure they— including over 30 local charities—have the essential and ongoing funds they need to carry out life- changing work close to home now and in the future.
The Endowment Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors to contribute to the Forever Fund Endowment Fund. You’ll secure donations that make an impact in our community.
Gifts will include: capital property, cash, certified cultural property, charitable remainder, life insurance, retirement funds, securities, and will bequests.
Consider this job if you’re passionate about making a difference, you prioritize building meaningful
relationships with those around you, and believe in the work of the United Way.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- With Forever Fund Board of Directors, develop an annual workplan that includes a plan to increase the number of donors, a donor engagement strategy, and fund development targets
- Collaborate with United Way on joint relationship-building initiatives as required
- Develop and execute a stewardship plan for increase giving of annual donors existing donors
- Nurture long-term donor relationships to increase levels of support through impact reporting, personal meetings, and other stewardship strategies
- Directly solicit donations, including asking for gift upgrades and multi-year commitments
- Advise potential donors on the optimal charitable giving opportunities (shares, insurance)
- Build and manage a portfolio of potential donors capable and inclined to give $10,000 or more
- Collaborate with United Way and community networks for potential major gift prospects
- Actively seek out opportunities for the Officer and Board Members to be involved in the community, be one of “the faces of the Forever Fund” at public events
- Prepare and deliver presentations to inform and inspire support
- With Communications committee, develop new ways to communicate with the public website, social media, newsletters, year-end review. This includes intentional outreach and broad communication on key dates such as National Philanthropy Day and Giving Tuesday
- Attend all Board of Director meetings and select committee meetings as required
- Prepare briefing notes for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings for Forever Fund Board members as required and attend cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship meetings
- Deliver annual orientation session for new Board Members; keep Board orientation manual current, with meeting minutes and contact information, etc.
- Promote, attend, and support Forever Fund events
- Post-secondary education and a few years of experience. Ideally, university degree, diploma, or equivalent work experience within the fundraising profession
- Strong communicator – superb interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and success in major giving and planned giving portfolios; can make a solid face-to-face ask
- Involvement in a professional association and/or CFRE designation is an asset
- Comfortability dealing with high net-worth individuals, corporations, and community influencers to leverage relationships that will benefit the Forever Fund
- Understanding of related laws and regulations
- Contract position, up to 15-20 hours/week. Hourly rate dependent on experience: $23 – 35/hour.
- Workload will vary depending on the applicant’s life schedule, time of year, activities taking place, donor’s schedules, Board and committee meeting times.
- This position reports to the President of the Forever Fund on a day-to-day basis and will report to
the Forever Fund’s Board of Directors monthly.
- Manage and submit expenses monthly, as pre-approved by the Board.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by March 16, 2023, to Forever Fund President, Cindy Pope, at: email@example.com