Are you a creative, community-minded professional who is passionate about making a difference in the greater Fredericton region? If yes, then consider joining our team at the Fredericton Community Foundation. This cross-functional role will expose you to many interesting challenges and the opportunity to contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions that help to create a better community for all.
We help caring donors support community causes that enhance lives. We’re an endowment-based, charitable foundation, so gifts are pooled and invested, and the annual earnings are granted back to the community.
Last year alone, thanks to the generosity of our donors, we granted over $1,000,000 to vital community projects.
We are seeking a professional who is:
• Recognized for attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables
• Passionate about marketing and communications, and recognized for being highly creative, savvy with social media, and experienced in event planning
• A community-minded, team player with a positive, can-do attitude, who understands the importance of fostering meaningful relationships through community engagement
• Develop and implement our Marketing Plan in support of our strategic goals and business plan
• Design and publish our Annual Report, including gathering information and data, copywriting material, and working with graphic designers to assemble the report
• Curate impact stories for the website, annual report, newsletters etc. to generate community support and donor engagement
• Manage and produce content our social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn using Canva, Photoshop and InDesign
• Manage our website and related activities
• Produce marketing and events materials (e.g., programs, posters, website, media), sometimes with the help of a designer
• Manage the monthly newsletter using MailChimp.
Grant Making and Community Impact
• Manage calls for funding applications, review processes, develop funding recommendations, and execute funding agreements
• Manage processes for collecting, compiling, evaluating, and analyzing performance data on funded programs and initiatives
• Foster relationships and engage with stakeholders to accurately and effectively assess community needs to guide our community investments
• Oversee the planning and delivery of events such as the Philanthropy-In-Action Award Dinner, Kindness Week, and the “For Good, Forever” Showcase.
• Book and negotiate contracts with suppliers, including venues, multimedia, designers, etc.
• Book and liaise with speakers and special guests
• Develop sponsorship packages, oversee ticket sales, and manage online raffle and auction.
• Post-secondary education degree in business administration, marketing or communications with a minimum of three years related professional work experience
• Exceptional written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience developing marketing communications strategies, marketing/promoting organizations, campaigns and/or events, and planning, coordinating and managing events
• Competent in website content development and management
• Develop and manage digital strategy including content calendar, social media posting and report on engagement metrics
• Digitally literate, including recent and in-depth experience in social media, email marketing and website platforms such as MailChimp, Squarespace and Canva
• Experience working with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere and InDesign
• Background in photography and/or videography would be considered an asset
The salary range for this full-time position is $40,000-$55,000, with the compensation package being commensurate with the education and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2023. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Company: Fredericton Community Foundation
Contact: Calvin Milbury – email@example.com
Active Dates: January 23, 2023