Are you experienced driver with clean driving record, community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and motivated to help make a positive impact in newcomers’ lives in Canada? The Multicultural Association of Fredericton Inc. (MCAF) is seeking part -time van driver with possibility to expand to full time to provide transportation for the afterschool program part of the Rainbow of Cultures Childcare center and provide transportation to facilitate medical appointments for newcomer clients as part of the Adult Settlement Services department and we would like to hear from you!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transport children / passengers to and from desired destination
• Ensure all passengers (children / adults) comply with safety regulations
• Drive safely, obey the traffic laws, and respect the rights of other drivers.
• Attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensure passenger safety.
• Follow the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
• Help load and unload equipment, school bags and other belongings if needed.
• Conduct safety checks of the company vehicle to ensure daily safety routine is in such as tires, brakes, turn signals and mechanical equipment.
• Valid driver’s license class 5; class 4 license for a bus less than 25 passengers would be an asset
• Clear Criminal Record Check and Social development check
• Clean driving Abstract
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to drive school age children and follow NB rules of driving children
• Flexible, patient and interested in helping children
• Proven ability to work well under pressure; outgoing
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
• Ability to show empathy and care
• Prior experience in a similar position would be an asset
Terms of employment:
• Contract – renewable pending continuation of funding and satisfactory job performance
• Benefits- additional vacation days, sick days, RRSP benefits.
Company: Multicultural Association of Fredericton
Contact: Nikol Ralcheva – email@example.com
Active Dates: December 29, 2022 – January 9, 2023