Are you community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and motivated to help newcomer youth find their first job in Canada? The Multicultural Association of Fredericton Inc. (MCAF) is seeking Workplace Learning Facilitator to work with newcomer youth age (18-30 ) and we would like to hear from you!
Bridge to Newcomer Youth is a well curated 3-part program that will focus on Language and class content, labour market readiness training, experiential learning, and community engagement for newcomer high school students. Workplace Learning Facilitator position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of this project and will provide workshops and work placements for newcomer youth (18-30), as well as appropriate follow-up.
• Plan and instruct sessions focused on Labour Market Readiness Training, Workplace English, Experiential Learning and Community Engagement;
• Develop individual language and skills acquisition plans based on technical language and workplace terminology required for job placements;
• Provide job coaching support and skill development in areas related to obtaining employment such as job search strategies, job application, resume writing and interview skills;
• Apply client centered case management including problem solving;
• Provide digital literacy support to participants;
• Complete progress reports for each participant;
• Collaborate with other team members on participant progress;
• Secure and monitor summer work placements and mentorship for participants;
• Contact potential employers in order to obtain placements, promote the program and develop relationships;
• Conduct twelve-week post-project follow-ups with participants.
• Prepare the end of project report and do project close-out activities;
• University Degree in a relatable field with emphasis on human/social services
• 1-year recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Excellent writing, speaking, and listening skills – Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate high bilingual capabilities in English & other languages(e.g. French, Swahili, Arabic, Somali, Portuguese )
• Demonstrable ability to work and engage with Youth
• Excellent active listening skills with proven ability to motivate and inspire others
• Proven ability to take initiative, be creative and autonomous
• Effective multitasking, priority setting and time management skills
• Expertise in facilitating group sessions & delivering presentations
• Solid understanding and knowledge of the Canadian labour market, Canadian workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques
• Highly proficient with technologies such as MS Office Applications, Google Drive and Google Docs
Terms of Employment & Benefits:
• Contract – Renewable pending continuation of funding
• Full time 37.5hrs per week, health benefits, RSP, additional vacation/sick days
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• January 9, 2023
• December 19, 2022
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document email@example.com with the “Workplace Learning Facilitator” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Company: Multicultural Association of Fredericton Inc.
Contact: Nikol Ralcheva – firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Dates: Dec 9, 2022 – Dec 19, 2022