Daye Kelly & Associates is a mid-sized accounting firm based in beautiful Fredericton, New Brunswick with a 40+ year history and a great reputation. We are looking for a confident, experienced, self-starter, who is dependable and likes to learn new things in an ever-changing environment. We have a great client base of small and medium size businesses that is growing steadily by word of mouth. We are looking for a Chartered Professional Accountant who is organized and enjoys interacting with people to join our great team and relaxed informal work environment. The position is full time and has the potential of developing into a future partnership at the firm within 2-3 years.
You will be an integral part of the practice and a liaison for clients and staff. To be successful in this role, you should have strong technical and administrative skills, and have worked previously in a public practice accounting firm with strong financial statement and tax experience.
About the Job:
• Managing a portfolio of clients; ensuring their needs are met and strong relationships are maintained, providing advice, recommendations, and solutions
• Planning, preparation and review of various assurance and audit engagement files
• Preparation and review of corporate, personal and estate income tax returns
• Coaching, training, supervising, and reviewing junior staff
• Business development activities such as networking, community relationships, and attendance at various local business functions
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
Qualities which are necessary for success in this role include flexibility, ability to build relationships, and the willingness to invest the energy and time necessary to progress to a future leadership position within our Firm. The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in public practice
• Exceptional computer skills including experience in a paperless work environment with Adobe/PDF, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook; extensive knowledge of CaseWare and Jazzit, Taxprep or Profile, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting (Sage).
• Strong organizational skills, punctual, detail-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize tasks
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to work well with clients and colleagues
• Ability to research and access professional and technical materials
• Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNPO) and Generally Accepted Audit Procedures (GAAS)
• Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
• Solid understanding of business, accounting, management, tax, and practice development principles
• A natural curiosity and desire to continually acquire new skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and the potential for future partnership for the right candidate. We thank you for your interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to:
Louella Forbes – Practice Manager – email@example.com
31 Ashton Court, Fredericton, NB E3C 0H8
Contact: Louella Forbes – Daye Kelly & Associates – firstname.lastname@example.org