Job Coaches are responsible for the day-to-day implementation of programs/work, related to the client(s) they are assigned to support. Job Coaches are to enhance life and employment skills that enable individuals with intellectual disabilities to participate effectively in our community. Staff’s primary role is to train, supervise, guide and support individuals at their place of employment. Job Coaches are to ensure their clients are actively engaged and treated with respect.
As required by the program manager, the Job Coach is to be actively involved in vocational activities related to programs/work around the needs and strengths of the client. The Job Coach is to ensure that work duties required by the job placement will be done with the client’s participation as much as possible. In certain situations, the Job Coach may be required to do part or most of the work. This is particularly the case when serving individuals with complex needs.
Job Coaches may work with more than one individual at a time, regardless of the funding for the position or individual. The ability to work in a team environment is essential. Job Coaches must be results orientated and have a keen sense of empathy, maturity, and professionalism. Strong commitment and dedication to the needs and well-being of our clients and organization is mandatory. Must be able to collaborate closely with the individual’s family/caregiver.
Time management skills and the awareness of the goals and philosophy of Jobs Unlimited are essential to the performance of this position. Staff are required to submit monthly reports of their client’s work routine and performance to the program manager.
• Minimum Post-Secondary education and/or training.
• Preference for individuals with qualifications in Human Services Counselling, Personal Support Worker training or a university degree in psychology or sociology.
• Minimum two years experience working/caring for individuals with an intellectual disability.
• Lived experience or professional development courses and/or training in adult education/job coaching are an asset.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with proper insurance.
• Up-to date criminal record and vulnerable sector checks.
• Must possess a current CPR/First Aid certification.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
• Hours of Work: 30-35 hours (Monday-Friday)
• Wage: $19.90 effective October 1, 2022.
• 2 weeks paid vacation
• 2 weeks paid sick time
• Medical health coverage without dental
• Unionized workplace
Please submit your application in writing to:
Mary McDonald – email@example.com