Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: Canada, Nova Scotia, Halifax
Canada, New Brunswick, Moncton, Fredericton
Canada, P. E. I., Stratford, Charlottetown
Position ID: J0522-3162
Employment Type: Full Time
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Full Stack Software Developer – Software Developer
If you are an experienced hands-on Software Developer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer having a high degree of competence in developing easy-to-use, customer focused APIs and capabilities which power web and mobile online platforms. You will help us design and develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience. Also you will be involved in developing responsive user interfaces to integrate with backend services. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture
• Design, Develop and test highly scalable Web and API services that power both web and mobile platforms
• Participate in design reviews
• Participate in CI/CD activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Technical Skills :
• 10+ years of proven software development experience developing enterprise solutions
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in developing Web services and API solutions using various Java based frameworks
• Minimum 2+ years proven development experience in frameworks such as Angular 8+, ReactJS, NodeJS, Typescript.
• Good understanding of Domain Driven design & MicroService Architecture
• Knowledge of API design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services
• Experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework (Swagger)
• Experience in testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test
• Knowledge in DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
• Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Apply On-line at: https://cgi.njoyn.com/CGI/xweb/XWeb.asp?NTKN=c&clid=21001&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0522-3162&BRID=963088&lang=1