Daye Kelly & Associates is a mid-sized accounting firm based in beautiful Fredericton, New Brunswick with a 40+ year history and a great reputation. We are looking for a confident, experienced, self-starter, with a good dose of common sense, who likes to learn new things, can work with multiple software applications, and performs administrative tasks with their blindfolds on. We have a great client base of small and medium size businesses that is growing steadily by word of mouth.
We are looking for someone who is organized and enjoys interacting with people to join our relaxed informal work environment. The position is part of a great team of professional administrators. The position is full time, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week). Some overtime is expected February to June, based on client needs during our busy season. We offer banked hours to allow for reduced work weeks during the rest of the year.
You will be an integral part of the practice and a liaison for clients and staff. To be successful in this role, you should have strong administrative skills, including proof reading for presentation, grammar and professionalism and ideally have worked previously in a public practice accounting firm with strong financial statement presentation experience.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues
• Perform all aspects of formatting, printing, assembling, and distribution of client financial statement packages and related documentation, ensuring they are free of formatting, typographical or printing errors (using Caseware/Caseview/Jazzit templates)
• Prepare, review, and modify general letter templates and other correspondence materials (strong proofing and formatting skills are essential), using both Word and Excel
• Filing (manual and electronic), arranging for couriers, ordering supplies, photocopying, collating, and mailing, including sending and tracking time sensitive and date stamped packages
• Assistance to other administrative team members, as required
• Contribute to the team culture by looking for ways to improve work methods and ensuring positive work relationships
Experience and Education Requirements
• Computer savvy with the ability to learn and troubleshoot various computer programs including Office 365
• Proficiency in accounting software; CaseWare/CaseView, Jazzit or other templates, considered an asset
• Excellent word processing skills with high attention to accuracy and detail. Must have an aptitude for proofreading and suggesting alternatives
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work within tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
• Capacity to treat all information confidentially both on the job and permanently
• Post-Secondary education (degree or diploma) in Administration or related field and a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role
• Displays positivity, enthusiasm, optimism, drive, and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and professionalism
• Knows what it takes to work hard, take initiative, and be part of a cohesive, positive, and successful team
• Have an easy-going and laid-back sense of humor
• Able to adapt and learn new technology, applications, and software quickly
• Maintains a high level of client service and product quality while taking pride in your work
• Effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities, and works well independently
• A generous base salary will be based on experience and education
• Vacation time is negotiable, with a minimum of 3 weeks to start
• New client recruitment commissions
• Group RRSP plan with employer-matching contributions
• Full Health & Dental Benefits with additional Health Spending Account
If this sounds like a fit for you, our Practice Manager, Louella, is accepting applications. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume along with a cover letter stating the following:
• How your skills and experience would apply to our office; and
• Details of any prior experience in a public practice accounting firm
Apply early as this position will only be open until a suitable candidate is found! We appreciate all applications, however, only those screened into the next step in the process will be contacted.
Contact: Louella Forbes – email@example.com