The New Brunswick Real Estate Association (NBREA) is a provincial association of REALTORS® working together to strengthen and promote standards of professionalism. The NBREA represents over 1250 agents, salespeople, and affiliate members throughout the province. We regulate, advocate for, and educate our members to advance the profession and protect the public interest.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Communications and External Relations to join our dynamic and collaborative team. NBREA is conveniently located in uptown Fredericton, NB.
About The Role
The Director of Communications and External Relations plans, develops, and delivers internal and external communications and strategies designed to positively impact NBREA while working to the highest level of quality, clarity, and effectiveness to promote the reputation and values of the organization. This role also performs as lead staff member in Public and Government Relations as well as the planning and organization of the Association Annual General Meeting. This position is both strategic and tactical, working hands on to accomplish goals and work tasks.
If you are a creative and results driven communications professional who has a history of providing strategic communications advice, developing relationships with external stakeholders and the media, and is social media savvy, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Provide strategic advice and support to the leadership team for various corporate communications requirements, such as position papers, annual report, presentations, print material, proposals, and RFPs.
- Develop and implement communication strategies and work plans to support NBREA’s vision, goals, and branding, including press releases, member communications, talking points, key messages, newsletter, web, digital and print content.
- Develop strategies to promote Association services and messaging to members.
- Oversee, coordinate, and create content for the association newsletter (REALTOR® Recap), website, social media accounts, REALTORLink® intranet site, and NBREA news podcast.
- Compose and distribute membership communication in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with members of the news media. Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews and news conferences as required.
- Government and External Relations:
- Play a significant role in assisting CEO with government and external relations activities.
- Coordinate, review, and assist in policy paper development and editing.
- Assist in liaising and connecting with key government representatives and elected officials to further the mission of the association.
- Develop and initiate ongoing communications with government; strengthen relationships with key ministers, elected officials and other appointed officials in applicable departments, in addition to officials of our co-regulator, Financial and Consumer Services Commission (FCNB).
- Project lead for the Annual General Meeting and Education Event, organizing and coordinating efforts of the staff team, volunteers, and conference services representatives to ensure success of the event:
- Other duties as required and/or requested.
- A proven track record in developing communications plans and delivering on stated objectives.
- Demonstrated mastery of content development – from messaging to writing/editing and creative.
- Has working relationships with key provincial government officials and has strong understanding of government processes.
- Maturity, sound judgement, diplomacy, and the ability to liaise confidently, effectively, and positively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communications strategist experienced in media relations.
- Relationships with news media contacts especially those who cover the real estate sector.
- Strong understanding of digital technologies, current and emerging, and demonstrated experience in social media optimization, web content and technology.
- Well versed in dealing with inquiries from the public, the news media, and related organizations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, members, service providers, media, etc.
- Strong project-management skills, with the ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage multiple, simultaneous projects independently.
- Ability to reorganize and re-prioritize tasks according to shifting circumstances.
- Superior written and verbal communications.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and work ethic.
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Business, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in internal and external communications, public and government relations. A combination of work and education may also be considered.
- Exceptional content development, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated experience working at a conceptual level with internal stakeholders in the preparation of materials.
- Social media expertise and experience on various platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- High level of proficiency working with digital products and services including: Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard and Illustrator, HTML, virtual meeting platforms and online newsletter publishing software
- Graphic design and/or layout skills an asset.
- Bilingual English, and French is an asset.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, with annual performance and salary reviews
- Generous group benefits plan including Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 5% RRSP matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Great uptown Fredericton office location with free parking
Contact: Heather Howe – firstname.lastname@example.org