Our vision is to be New Brunswick’s Premier Meeting Destination.
Our mission is being committed to delivering excellence through innovative and personalized customer service with a sense of pride, integrity, and New Brunswick hospitality.
Our mandate is to maximize event sales by attracting new event demand to the City of Fredericton, while minimizing the impact of competing with local restaurants, hotels, and other event venues for locally generated event demand.
Our core values are pride, integrity, innovation, genuine and community.
We operate with the understanding that cultural, individual equity and inclusivity are essential to our success. We are committed to business practices that uphold our values and support diversity within our community and industry. Through continuous learning and fostering growth, we can enable the unification of our team and all stakeholders toward our common goals.
The Fredericton Convention Centre is seeking a dynamic individual, who is passionate, creative, organized and likes teamwork to assume the role of Event Manager.
• Responsible for building and maintaining a successful and mutually beneficial relationship with every client through planning, execution and follow up.
• Manage and process multiple client requests, negotiate and confirm sales (including contract negotiation) for events from first contact until invoicing
• Plan, organize and coordinate all activities related to the production of events
• Communicates event requirements to provisioning departments and motivate the teams to align their operation to clients’ goals.
• Takes the lead planning unique requirements and providing innovative solutions.
• Manages consecutive and concurrent projects, clients, and events
• Effectively manages deadlines and competing priorities.
• Financial management of events, from quoting and negotiating of provisioning of services through to verifying orders and final invoicing.
• Develops and maintains relationships internally with colleagues, provisioning departments, and partners, as well as external industry.
• Plan, organize and coordinate customer visits
• Enter in Ungerboeck the logistics data and service orders related to the production of the event.
• Ensure the smooth transition of event files to the Service Delivery Team.
• Establish a post-event report and issue any recommendations with an eye to potential improvements.
• Represent the FCC at community and industry events
• Actively seek new business for Fredericton Convention Centre
• Support Administrative Assistant/Reception when required
• Proven ability to plan and execute events effectively and within budget
• An acute sense of detail, ability to anticipate clients’ needs and superior customer service skills
• Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may often change
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Act consistently with FCC’s mission, vision, and core values
• Desire and natural tendency to exceed expectations of both internal and external guests
• Must be able to work independently, highly organized, autonomous, and flexible working hours
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment
• Working knowledge of Ungerboeck Event Management Software (a strong asset)
• Diploma or degree in hospitality or related discipline an asset
• Being fluently bilingual (strong writing and speaking skills in both French and English) is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Fredericton Convention Centre encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day. If this role speaks to you, please email a cover letter and resume, in a PDF format, on or before Friday, June 3, 2022, to Kristina Brown at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Contact: Kristina Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 3, 2022