Are you community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and keen to make a positive impact in newcomers’ lives? MCAF is seeking a Settlement Support Worker and we would like to hear from you!
The MCAF Settlement Support Worker works as part of the Settlement Services & Community Connections team to support settlement and integration process of immigrants and refugees in Fredericton. MCAF Settlement Services & Community Connections Programs provide a wide variety of services to welcome and support new immigrants and refugees as they settle in Fredericton.
• Needs & Assets Assessments and Referrals (NAARs) – Settlement Support workers meet with new immigrants and refugee arrivals to assess their needs and assets and identify their settlement goals. Settlement workers use case management service delivery model to ensures that immigrant and refugee clients with complex needs are supported to access programs and services they need.
• Settlement information and orientation sessions, workshops & support groups facilitate orientation and referrals to government and community resources including healthcare services, education system, Canadian labour market, recreation facilities and more.
• Food Distribution Program – in partnership with local and national food security programs, settlement staff facilitate free food distribution for eligible immigrants and refugees.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
• Support newcomers in identifying their needs and assets and developing their settlement action plan;
• Facilitate workshops, settlement information and orientation sessions on settlement topics such as banking, housing, employment, community connections, etc.;
• Facilitate support services for newcomers including: childcare, interpretation, transportation, crisis counseling, provisions for disabilities, etc.
• Maintain accurate records on completed activities and submit monthly and quarterly reports in accordance with deadlines and program requirements;
• Attend meetings and professional development workshops to ensure that skills and knowledge are kept up to date.
• University degree or years equivalent of experience
• 1-year recent related experience or equivalent combination of education and training
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English language skills
• Strong ability to work in teams and independently; maintain a supportive team environment
• Detail-oriented; proven ability to maintain accurate records
• Proven ability to work well under pressure
• Outgoing personality traits
• Flexible, patient and interested in helping others
• Proven ability to take initiative, be creative and autonomous
• Expertise in facilitating group sessions & delivering presentations
• Effective multitasking, priority setting and time management skills
• Fluency in other languages (e.g., French, Arabic, Swahili, Somali, Portuguese) will be an asset
Terms of employment:
• Contract – renewable pending continuation of funding
• 37.5 hours per week; benefits
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Driver’s licence (class 5) and clean driver abstract
• Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
• March 18th , 2022
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document to email@example.com with the title “Settlement Support Worker” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We acknowledge the financial support of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Contact Person: Nikol Ralcheva – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: March 18, 2022