Who we are:
Since 1983, the Chalmers Foundation has been raising funds to support healthy, caring communities by enhancing health and well-being through innovative and effective programs and initiatives.
Meeting the needs of our patients is the primary goal of Horizon’s Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital and the Foundation. The Chalmers Foundation works with Horizon Health to identify the highest priority medical equipment and health care projects that are not provided with government funding.
We have an expert, caring staff who raise funds to ensure our hospital and community services in the Greater Fredericton area are equipped with the best technology and knowledge available. The hospital caregivers work very hard on behalf of patients and their families, and our task is to give them the tools they need to do their job well.
What will you do?
A highly motivated individual with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate is fluently bilingual, detail oriented, resourceful and demonstrates initiative. He/she has experiences in HR, office administration, and enjoys a diversity of tasks.
Who you are
- Recognized HR or Office Administration related studies and/or 1-3 years’ experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail is necessary;
- Must be exceptionally well-organized and be able to handle numerous tasks at the same time;
- Can demonstrate initiative, work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexible, outgoing and prepared to take on new tasks;
- Candidate will work in the Chalmers Foundation office;
- Valid drivers license and vehicle
- Written and spoken competence in English & French is preferred.
The successful candidate must be well organized, courteous, self-motivated and have demonstrated ability to work well in a busy environment under pressure. A bilingual individual with strong organizational and general office management skills will do well in this not-for-profit setting. Strong interpersonal skills are essential; teamwork will be required. Experience in a not-for-profit organization would be an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Perform basic office tasks, such as banking, filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, prepare and distribute batch reports to team daily
• Assist with the coordination of office supplies, stationary and other technology; assist with the coordination for necessary office repairs, maintenance, and related activities;
• Support Foundation events with correspondence, coordinating materials, logistics and bookings, etc.;
• Assist with the preparation and material for new hires;
• Support Foundation Board and Executive Committee with meeting logistics, notice of meetings, food, room and housekeeping.
• Event & logistics support (book travels, meeting spaces, rentals, etc,)
• Correspondence support (manage office phone calls, email follow ups, etc.) assistance with mail outs
• Other duties as required
Conference registration and travel arrangements
Applicants should possess a college certificate in a related field and at least three (3) years related experience in a computerized work setting, or a combination of relevant education and experience. Based in Fredericton, the assistant will work closely with the office staff and volunteers. Experience in desktop publishing and website management would be an asset.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point is essential.
Interested candidates will benefit by indicating on their application how they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience before January 19, 2022, by email to: Gilles Allain – firstname.lastname@example.org