Are you community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and motivated to help newcomers find their first job in Canada? The Multicultural Association of Fredericton Inc. (MCAF) is seeking a bilingual Employment Coach and we would like to hear from you!
The Employment Coach will assess newcomer clients’ interests, skills, abilities, and work readiness; find and advise clients of employment opportunities; support and provide skill development to clients in areas related to obtaining and retaining employment. They will also help coordinate provincially and federally funded projects and programs that aim to help newcomer’s cross common barriers to employment.
The Employment Coach will work as part of the Employment Services team and will assist with circulation of job opportunities, networking sessions, tips on workplace culture and training exercises. They will maintain accurate records on completed activities and submit monthly and quarterly reports in accordance with deadlines and program requirements; demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development through creativity, innovation, and excellence.
• University Degree in a relatable field with emphasis on human/social services;
• 1-year recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
• Excellent writing, speaking, and listening skills – Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate high bilingual capabilities in English & other languages (e.g., French, Swahili, Arabic, Somali, Portuguese);
• Proven ability to take initiative, be creative and autonomous;
• Effective multitasking, priority setting and time management skills;
• Expertise in facilitating group sessions & delivering presentations;
• Solid understanding and knowledge of the Canadian labour market, Canadian workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques; and
• Highly proficient with technologies such as MS Office Applications, Google Drive and Google Docs.
Terms of Employment & Benefits:
• Contract – Renewable pending continuation of funding
• Full time 37.5hrs per week, health benefits, RSP, additional vacation/sick days
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• As soon as possible
• January 9th , 2022
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document to email@example.com with the “Employment Coach” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Contact: Nikol Ralcheva – firstname.lastname@example.org