Are you community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and keen to make a positive impact in newcomers’ lives?
Multicultural Association of Fredericton Inc. (MCAF) is seeking Early Childhood Educators and we would like to hear from you!
Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program and Rainbow of Cultures Childcare (ROC) Centre provide childcare services for children between ages 6 months-12 years. These programs provide services in an inclusive environment where children have the opportunity to develop and grow at their own pace—regardless of backgrounds, beliefs or abilities.
Our ROC Centre is newly licensed and is committed to creating an environment where every child is valued as a unique individual. Our team consists of dedicated and knowledgeable staff members whose focus is the positive mental and physical development of our children. We strive to develop programs that promote creativity, a love of learning, self-confidence, acceptance, and compassion towards all people. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional early learning program and childcare to meet the diverse needs of the community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a nurturing, safe, fun and inclusive learning environment for children aged 6 months to 12 years old
• Provide activities and experiences that meet the individual developmental needs of the children
• Be aware of NB Early Childhood Regulation Act and operating manual
• Implement NB curriculum goals in daily routine and activities
• Supervise and monitor the safety of the children at all times while they are at the facility
• Discuss children’s progress or concerns with parents in a safe, caring and respectful environment
• Develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the development of newcomer children
• Ensure that the space, shared equipment, and toys are safe, cleaned and sanitized to appropriate levels on a daily basis
• Maintain accurate records, including a daily record, attendance form, child profile etc.
• Ensure that children are sent home only with parents/guardian or the authorized person indicated on their registration form
• Inspect space for safety issues and seek corrective action according to procedures
• Understand and be aware of settlement issues and the concerns of newcomer children and parents
• Guide and assist children in the development of healthy eating, dressing and toilet habits
• Assess the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children; engage children in activities that support a child-centered approach
• Maintain high standards of hygiene; clean and maintain the centre area on a daily basis and clean the toys appropriately
• Early Childhood Education
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Cross-cultural awareness and experience in a multicultural environment
• Strong group facilitation skills with ability to lead large and small group activities
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Ability to thrive in dynamic environment
• Strong ability to work in team and independently
• Flexible, patient and interested in helping children
• Proven ability to work well under pressure
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Ability to support and relate respectfully to parents from different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to show empathy and care
• Experience working with vulnerable and marginalized newcomer families with trauma history
• Familiarity and experience in working with children with exceptionalities
• Community Interpreter Training
• Fluency in other languages (e.g., Swahili, Arabic, Ukrainian, French etc.)
• The job involves working with young children and includes lifting and participating in physical activities. It may also involve the supervision of children and physical activities outdoors.
Terms of employment:
• Contract – renewable pending continuation of funding and satisfactory job performance
• Part time 24.5 hrs per week-, RSP, additional vacation/sick days
• Valid First Aid Certification and CPR
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• SD record check
• January 9th 2022 at 4pm
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document to email@example.com with the title “ Early Childhood Educators ” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Contact: Nicol Ralcheva – firstname.lastname@example.org