HOMESTAY COORDINATOR POSITIONS
ASD-W LOCATIONS: FREDERICTON SOUTH, WOODSTOCK, FLORENCEVILLE-BRISTOL
Atlantic Education International (AEI) through its International Student Program (ISP) welcomes youth (aged 11-18) from around the world to come to New Brunswick to study in the Anglophone sector of our public education system. Once students arrive in New Brunswick, they live with a New Brunswick host family, attend classes with New Brunswick students and participate in extra-curricular activities both at school and in their communities.
The heart of the New Brunswick ISP is its homestay program. Each student who participates in the New Brunswick ISP is closely matched with a host family who lives in the area of the school that they will attend.
HOMESTAY COORDINATOR POSITION
AEI is searching for a self-motivated homestay coordinator to join its International Student Program on a contract basis. To ensure success as a homestay coordinator, you must work well under minimal supervision and possess excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Experience in Microsoft Office, and social media applications is essential. Ultimately, an outstanding homestay coordinator will have a passion for working with youth and produce high-quality results. The position offers a flexible schedule and includes evenings and weekends. Candidate must have a driver’s license, cell phone and computer or laptop.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Promote the host family program in your community
• Seek new host families on an ongoing basis
• Recruit, screen, and interview host families
• Foster and encourage student engagement
• Organize activities monthly for international students
• Communicate regularly with students and host families
• Respond quickly to emergency situations and problem solve student and homestay issues
• Collaborate and produce reports regularly with AEI’s Homestay Supervisor
• Organize and attend student airport arrivals and departures
• Work with AEI staff to deliver student and host orientation
Remuneration is based on the number of student placements that the successful candidate has in their portfolio (at any given time throughout the year).
Interested parties for the Homestay Coordinator position are invited to send a cover letter explaining their suitability, the location in which they are applying, a complete resume and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest. Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact: Julie O’Brien – email@example.com