Gorham Real Estate/Fredericton Rentals Ltd. is currently seeking talented individuals interested in a LIVE-IN BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT position for a group of Southside buildings.
Gorham Real Estate/Fredericton Rentals Ltd.
Fredericton Housing Ltd was established in 1950 after Joseph Gorham sold his Coca-Cola bottling plant. His vision of building “Better Homes for the Average Family” resulted in the construction of thousands of homes in New Brunswick. Skyline Acres and Fulton Heights are just two examples of residential subdivisions that were built by this ambitious company in the Fredericton Area.
During this time, Joe also realized the need for rental housing and began Fredericton Rentals Ltd. We now own and maintain close to 50 properties and nearly 600 rental units. In 1990, Jim Gorham added Gorham Real Estate to expand the business into residential real estate sales.
Today, Amy and Alex Gorham, third generation grand-children of Joe Gorham and both Business Administration graduates of UNB are managing and expanding Fredericton Rentals Ltd. Both working in the business from a young age and joining the family business full-time in 2005, Amy and Alex added Premiere Suites Fredericton in 2008. Premiere Suites is a Canadian Franchise that spans coast to coast, providing extended-stay, furnished accommodation to the business traveler. In 2010, Gorham Property Management was added to provide property management services to income property owners in Fredericton.
Why work with us:
Our team has a reputation for safe, high-quality work and professionalism. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, casual dress, company events, dental care, disability insurance, extended health care, life insurance, on-site parking, paid time off, vision care, wellness program, rewards and recognition programs, and growth opportunities.
Critical to our success is that every team member is aligned with Gorham Real Estate’s core values.
Sound like you? If you have the skills, knowledge and alignment with our core values we offer an exciting, challenging opportunity.
Our head office is located at 25 Waggoners Lane. Our properties are located in the downtown, uptown and Northside of Fredericton. This Live-in Super position will be responsible for three large properties in the uptown area of town.
Our “super” Super will take initiative and help anticipate problems before they occur. They will be able to communicate effectively with tenants, visitors, other staff and contractors. They will have the full responsibility of maintaining the day-to-day cleanliness of their assigned properties, as well as performing light maintenance tasks to ensure the buildings are always looking their best. Tasks include common area cleaning, trash and snow removal, on-call coverage & emergency response, utilities troubleshooting, notice delivery and tenant relations. Additionally, construction clean-up and general labourer duties will be assigned, as needed. All candidates must have strong technology skills.
Building Superintendent Responsibilities:
● Cleaning of all building common areas as per a defined schedule
● Daily Building Checks
● Light maintenance tasks
● On Site tenant relations
● Contractor Liaison
● Seasonal maintenance including snow shovelling, salting, grounds keeping, etc.
● Removal of trash and debris on the properties as required
● Notice Delivery
● After hours on call and emergency response
● Completion of weekly accountability reports
● Completion of monthly liability reports
● Construction clean-up and general labourer duties, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
The right candidate should:
● Have a minimum of Grade 12 education
● Be computer literate (comfortable using email, work order programs, payroll programs, spreadsheets, etc.)
● Have a professional and neat appearance
● Be a non-smoker
● Have a strong work ethic
● Good troubleshooting abilities
● Be able to communicate confidently both written and verbal in English
● Clean criminal record check prior to commencing work
● Be in good physical condition to handle snow shovelling and a heavy vacuum
● Personal vehicle available for use during working hours
● Cell phone with data (Will be compensated for company use)
● Be capable of providing at least three references, at least two of whom should be previous employers
Compensation and Benefits:
● The Building Superintendent will be paid a monthly salary for the work outlined. Rent for the two-bedroom, 1-bathroom apartment provided will be reduced from the monthly salary. Cable and internet package included. The unit provided is non-smoking and pets are not permitted.
Please note: 1 location included in the block of buildings for this contract is still under construction and the superintendent duties will not commence until the building is completed next spring.
Full and Part-time general labour work is available at the project site if interested. This will be paid out separately from the Live-In Superintendent contract.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on our company please visit our website at www.gorhamrealestate.ca.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Gorham Real Estate/Fredericton Rentals Ltd.
Contact: Lindsay Gorham – email@example.com