Become part of the Corey Nutrition story!
We are looking for a Logistics Assistant based in Fredericton, N.B. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the primary purpose of this position is to facilitate a positive end to end customer experience, ensuring the customer receives what they want, when they want, at a freight rate that meets expectations. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating customer order activity, including order processing, freight negotiation and coordination, sales invoice generation and associated administration.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Receive and process orders for pet food, aquafeed and export customers.
• Coordinates with production and ensures sufficient inventory levels.
• Obtains freight quotes for orders.
• Coordinates freight for customers from Corey to customer delivery
• Monitors carrier movement from shipper to receiver to ensure load is delivered on time and in the intended condition.
• Follow up on service failures and take corrective measures.
• Responds to high volume of communications daily; Communicates with customer and carriers for delivery to customer expectations
• Prepares, reviews, audits and maintains all necessary shipping and carrier documents prior to load tender
• Prepares CFIA certificates for Export Orders
• Runs inquiry and ad-hoc reports as requested
• Customer invoicing and credits
• Demonstrates a high degree of loyalty to the company
• Demonstrates company values in actions and behavior
• Comply with all policies and procedures
• Strong customer service and logistics background
• Superior knowledge of MS Word, Great Plains and Excel.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and be self-organized.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Ability to deal with multiple variables and time constraints
• Excellent communication skills
• Works well in a fast-paced environment
• Business Administration, College degree – Accounting or combination of education and work experience
• 2+ years related experience in a comparable role
• Experience in a manufacturing/production industry an asset
Location: Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick
Mobility: Must be able to drive to work
Apply for this position with resume and cover letter. Corey Nutrition Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Corey Nutrition Company will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process. We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact: Andrew Crawford – email@example.com