Are you community oriented, interested in diverse cultures and keen to make a positive impact in newcomers’ lives?
MCAF is seeking an IT User Support Assistant and we would like to hear from you!
The MCAF IT User Support Assistant works as part of the IT team and supports the smooth operation of the Newcomer Computer Learning (NCL) Centre . The NCL Centre provides newcomers with access to 12 computers with high-speed Internet, computer applications and English/French tutorials; basic computer training; specialized computer training for students participating in language classes at MCAF and computer maintenance assistance. In addition, the IT team supports the distribution and technical support for the online learning programs for over 100 students.
The IT User Support Assistant will provide guidance and support to newcomer clients, such as use of computers, various computer applications and provide basic computer training. They will also support the IT department to diagnose, repair and maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of computer systems. The IT User Support Assistant will provide technical support for Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) and perform other IT related duties as needed.
• Relevant Education in technology field
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills English language skills
• Proven strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Ability to organize and lead various digital literacy classes for newcomers
• Strong ability to work in team and independently; maintain a supportive team environment
• Proven ability to work well under pressure; outgoing
• Flexible, patient and interested in helping others
• Unique and innovative strategies to engage, motivate and inspire youth
• Proven ability to take initiative, be creative and autonomous
• Expertise in facilitating group sessions & delivering presentations
• Effective multitasking, priority setting and time management skills
• Highly proficient with technologies including MS Office Applications, Google Drive and Google Docs
• Fluency in other languages (e.g., French, Swahili, Somali, Portuguese) will be an asset
Terms of employment:
This position is funded under Employment and Social Development Canada, Canada Summer Jobs. Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
• Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations
*International students are not eligible
• Contract – 8 weeks contract
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• January 4th, 2022
• December 5th, 2021,
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “ITUserSupportAssistant ” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Contact: Nikol Ralcheva – email@example.com
Closing Date: Dec 5, 2021