Based in Fredericton the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the voice of the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for all physicians. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the Chief of Negotiations and Physician Compensation, the Administrative Assistant helps ensure efficient operation of the Negotiations and Physician Compensation department of the New Brunswick Medical Society’s (NBMS). The core functions of this role will include managing departmental schedules, taking meeting minutes, editing and drafting correspondence and other various documents.
This individual is an experienced, bilingual, reliable, and task-oriented person, who is self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- manage various committees’ schedules and logistics including the organization and execution of committee meetings, preparation of briefs, notice of meeting, booking meeting room(s), hiring catering services, uploading committee documents to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, preparing expense forms, taking minutes and preparation of post-meeting follow-up lists
- facilitate travel arrangements for staff and committee members as required, including airfare, accommodations, and registration; this includes but is not limited to the CMA Annual meeting and the National Negotiations Conference
- support and rotate general administration duties with two other administrative assistants which will include greeting visitors, ensuring that meeting rooms are tidy and organized, monitoring and responding to general inquiries
- respond to inquiries from board, committee members, membership at large as well as the public
- develop and nurture strong relationships with the NBMS team and members
- strong Microsoft Office skills
- maintain the ability to plan and manage multiple priorities within tight timelines while continuing
- ongoing attention to detail
Position Location and Hours of Work
This position is located in Fredericton, N.B. Normal business hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Additional overtime hours can be expected however these events are usually predictable and planned well in advance.
- High school diploma supplemented by one (1-2) year of completed post-secondary education in a related field.
- proven experience and success with a minimum of three (3) years of related administrative experience
- any equivalent combination of education, training and experience determined to be acceptable
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- bilingual (French and English)
- ability to use office technology, software and applications
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to plan and manage multiple priorities within tight timelines
- possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- reliable, discrete, and conscientious
- service oriented
- ability to track, monitor and complete outstanding tasks with minimal supervision
- team player who takes pride in their work
- proactive and highly responsive skills
- value a positive work culture and camaraderie with your colleagues
- ability to work hard and have fun
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, health and dental plan, life insurance, long-term disability plan, and a matching RRSP contribution plan
- a positive and inclusive work culture
- career growth and development and continuous learning opportunities
- interesting, stimulating work with a professional membership
- meaningful involvement in shaping NB’s health care system
How to apply?
- candidates are required to demonstrate on their resume how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position
- please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Chief Operating Officer, email@example.com by December 10th, 2021
- only those selected for an interview will be contacted