Are you community oriented, open to diverse cultures and keen to make a positive impact in newcomers’ lives? MCAF is seeking a Client Support Services (CSS) Youth Worker and we would like to hear from you!
The CSS Youth Worker will work as part of the MCAF team to facilitate supports and access to appropriate government and community services for Government Assisted Refugee (GAR) youth. The CSS program is designed to support GARs who are experiencing complex challenges in their settlement process in Canada. The CSS youth worker will use an intensive case management service model to:
• Conduct program intakes, individual needs/assets assessments and referrals.
• Support youth to set their short and long-term settlement goals and develop/update settlement action plans.
• Facilitate one-on-one and group info & orientation sessions, workshops & training.
• Facilitate access to settlement support services such as interpretation, translation, transportation, provision for disabilities, crises counseling, care for newcomer children, etc.
• Input client data and information into program database and write case notes to manage and maintain up-to-date files.
• Assist youth to complete government documents and forms.
• University degree or equivalent years of experience
• 1-year recent related experience or equivalent combination of education/training
• Excellent writing, speaking, and listening English language skills
• Fluency in other languages (e.g., French, Swahili, Arabic) will be an asset
• Unique and innovative strategies to engage, motivate and inspire youth
• Excellent active listening skills
• Proven ability to take initiative, be creative and autonomous
• Expertise in facilitating group sessions & delivering presentations
• Effective multitasking, priority setting and time management skills
• Experience in outreach, community development and marketing of program and services
• Familiarity with issues facing newcomers in Canada and systemic barriers to integration in education, social, cultural, and economic aspects of Canadian life
• Highly proficient with technologies including MS Office Applications, Google Drive and Google Docs
Terms of employment:
• Contract – renewable pending continuation of funding
• 37.5 hours per week; benefits
• Criminal Record Check Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
• Ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
• Driver’s license (class 5) and clean driver abstract
• Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
• December 6th , 2021
• 4 pm November 24th, 2021
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter merged in one document to email@example.com with the title “CSS Youth Worker” in the subject line. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We acknowledge the financial support of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Contact: Nicol Ralcheva – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 24, 2021