CBCL is seeking an Intermediate Civil/Municipal Engineer to join our team in Fredericton, NB!
Help us shape our work environment and our culture by working collaboratively with other design and construction professionals on challenging and exciting municipal projects, as part of our thriving company. Through all stages of the design process, you will be encouraged to take a leading role in delivering exceptional results for our clients.
YOUR ROLE WITH CBCL:
As our ideal candidate, you have experience in some or all of the following areas: water transmission and distribution, wastewater collection and pumping, stormwater management, residential/industrial/commercial developments, marine infrastructure, transportation, construction management, and contract administration.
We are seeking individuals who are excited to participate with an established team of professional engineers and technologists in developing innovative multidisciplinary design solutions with an emphasis on client satisfaction. More specifically, you will:
- Assist or lead the development of conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs for the full range of civil/municipal infrastructure;
- Prepare tender packages including drawings and contract specifications;
- Provide input into construction cost estimates;
- Perform contract administration duties;
- Manage projects to meet budget and deliverables;
- Meet and liaise with clients;
- Prepare technical reports; and
- Assist in the development of proposals;
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada with eligibility for registration with APEGNB;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design of municipal infrastructure;
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and ArcMap would be an asset;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members, other design disciplines, and the public at large;
- Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, with a team player attitude;
- Effective time management and an ability to perform well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Valid driver’s license and be able to travel to job sites within Atlantic Canada.
CBCL focuses on providing healthy, safe, and innovative workplaces. CBCL fosters a collaborative and empowering work environment where you can develop and grow a successful career.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Respect for work-life balance
- Employee ownership potential
- Employer contributions towards maternity leave top up
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization as well as mentorship opportunities
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
CBCL operates from its twelve Canadian offices across eight locations in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John’s, NL and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited strives to provide a diverse workplace that is inclusive, accessible and celebrates individuals and what makes us unique.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.
Contact: Mark Kohler – firstname.lastname@example.org