Canadian Chamber of Commerce has launched registrations for their Women in Business Summit: Empowering an Inclusive Recovery. The one-day event on 23 June 2021 will focus on making an inclusive economy a reality.
We are over a year into the pandemic, and women continue to be disproportionately affected by its effects as both employers and employees. From over-representation in some of the hardest-hit sectors, like travel, tourism, and food services and accommodation, to juggling childcare and work responsibilities, women are leaving the workforce or dropping in productivity.
By bringing together influencers, business and community leaders, the Women in Business Summit aims to mobilize the business community to take immediate action to keep women in the workforce and build their success as entrepreneurs through the pandemic recovery.
From stories of resilience to conversations about upskilling and reskilling, diversity, and mental health, the insights gleaned through this summit will help identify how businesses can empower women and foster stronger communities across the country.
Ensuring women have opportunities to fully participate in Canada’s recovery is essential for widespread job creation and sustained economic growth. The Canadian business community has a key role to play in taking action, making the changes needed, empowering women and fostering stronger communities across the country.
The insights gleaned through this event will help inform the ongoing work of the Canadian chamber’s Council for Women’s Advocacy and the National Inclusive Growth Campaign in advancing a gender-inclusive recovery and driving meaningful action to ensure the full participation of women in the workforce.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Angela Behboodi , Director, Government Affairs & Advocacy, Amgen
- Tabatha Bull, President & CEO of Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Max Brault, Vice President, Strategy & Operations, BDO Canada
- Lucinda Chodan, Senior Vice President Editorial & Editor in Chief, Montreal Gazette
- Jennifer Cooke, Director of Inclusive Trade, Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Angelita Graham, Partner, Mercer Canada
- Rhonda Klosler, National COO, RSM Canada
- Trish Knox, President, TK Events
- Marie-Hélène Labrie, Senior Vice President & Chief Public Affairs, Communications & Strategy, Cogeco Inc.
- Nicole MacAdam, Editor in Chief, Ottawa Citizen & Sun
- Sheila North, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Legacy Bowes Group
- Emily O’Brien, Founder & Creative Director, Comeback Snacks
- Margaret Stuart, Country Manager, Salesforce Canada
- Michel Rodrigue, President & CEO, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Nicole Verkindt, Founder & CEO, OMX
To register and learn more, visit the Women in Business Summit: Empowering an Inclusive Recovery here.